An exciting new year is the perfect time to set goals—like developing creative skills in 2023. If that’s your resolution and you’re determined to keep it, our monthly Creative Challenges are here to help!
This month’s goal is to use Watercolor Pencils with Water Painters, and one of our amazing Concept Artists has accepted the challenge! If you’d like to CASE her card, she has provided the following helpful tips.
- Stamp the images with Jet Black StāzOn (which is great for watercolor projects and creates a crisp black image); then, color them with Watercolor Pencils. To finish, use a Water Painter to smooth out the lines.
- Use White Craft Stampin’ Ink Refill and Water Painters to add white splatter to the background before adhering the sentiment and flowers.
- Splatter the background with a hint of black ink. Simply flick the brush end of a Stampin’ Write Marker against the inside of the lid to achieve this “distressed” look.
- Adhere the Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral diamonds (made using ink on Watercolor Paper) to the Basic White Cardstock layer; then, adhere this layer to the card front.
- Adhere a Garden Green twine bow to the bouquet (use the Three Twine Combo Pack). Our artist took half the strands out to make a daintier bow.
- Click Here to shop for supplies.
We can’t wait to see what you do with our first Creative Challenge of the year, so be sure to post it on social media using #CreativeChallengeSU. Good luck!